Saturday, May 10, 2008

PX No. 22

CAMERA: Polaroid Sun 660
FILM: Polaroid 600
DATE: 4/2/08
LOCATION: Ruth Eckerd Hall - Clearwater, Florida
PX No. 22 is another shot from Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater. The building was designed by Taliesin Associated Architects, led by William Wesley Peters, the apprentice to and protegé of Frank Lloyd Wright.
This is a beautiful Frank Lloyd Wright - style door. I had some difficulty shooting it the way I wanted to because of the myriad reflections but this one came out ok.

On Saturday, 4/5/08 I left this one at Tampa General Hospital (along with PX No. 27). This image was left on the ground floor just under a lamp and just across from the cafeteria. I'm sure dozens of people walked right past it before some administrator noticed it and pulled it down to drop it in the rubbish bin. Though the halls were full of some fairly good modern art, I wonder how many people even look at the art that is hung there intentionally? I appreciated it but I suppose many people just ignore it as I ignore bad motel paintings.

No comments: